- History of (with prior L-asparaginase treatment): pancreatitis; hemorrhagic events; serious thrombosis
- No more than 2ml should be administered at any one injection site
- Anaphylaxis or serious allergic reactions may occur, monitor patient for 1 hr after administration; discontinue with serious allergic reactions
- Glucose intolerance reported (irreversible in some cases); monitor serum glucose
- Hepatotoxicity and abnormal liver function, including elevations of AST (SGOT), ALT (SGPT), alkaline phosphatase, bilirubin (direct and indirect), and depression of serum albumin, and plasma fibrinogen may occur; monitor
- Discontinue if pancreatitis occurs; evaluate patients with abdominal pain for pancreatitis
- Serious thrombotic events, including sagittal sinus thrombosis reported; discontinue if this occurs
- Increased prothrombin time, increased PTT and hypofibrinogenemia may occur; monitor for coagulopathy
- Pregnancy Category: C
- Lactation: not known if excreted in breast milk
- A:Generally acceptable. Controlled studies in pregnant women show no evidence of fetal risk.
- B:May be acceptable. Either animal studies show no risk but human studies not available or animal studies showed minor risks and human studies done and showed no risk.
- C:Use with caution if benefits outweigh risks. Animal studies show risk and human studies not available or neither animal nor human studies done.
- D:Use in LIFE-THREATENING emergencies when no safer drug available. Positive evidence of human fetal risk.
- X:Do not use in pregnancy. Risks involved outweigh potential benefits. Safer alternatives exist.
- Mechanism of Action
- Modified version of L-asparaginase depletes asparagine, the aminoacid required for protein synthesis, and in turn kills leukemic cells
- Half-Life: 5-5.6 days
- Onset: Asparagine depleted within 4 days (IM)
- Duration: 21 days (IM); 2-4 weeks (IV in asparaginase naive adults)
- Vd: 1.5 L/mÃÂ² (IM in children); 2.4 L/mÃÂ² (IV in adults)
- Metabolism: Systemically
- Peak plasma time: 3-4 days (IM)
- Excretion: Urine (trace amounts)
- Do not use if cloudy or if precipitate is present
- Do not freeze
|Brand Name||Peg L-Asparkay|
|Best Before||24 months from Manufacture date|
|Form Of Medicine||Injection|
|Storage||Store in cool and dry place|
|Packaging Size||5 ml|
C-606, Siddhi Vinayak Tower, Nr.Kataria Arcade Showroom, Makarba , S.G Highway, Ahmedabad, Gujarat, 380051, India